The Oxnard Middle College Griffins had the opportunity to visit UCLA on February 13th. Students explored the campus, ate at the food court at Ackerman Hall, and took an official tour! Highlights and fun facts from the tour included:
- Moore Hall, which boasts the largest lecture hall on campus.
- The John Wooden Fitness Center where Bruins keep in shape.
- Kerckhoff Hall, which has been part of many movie sets, and even still has the Harvard crest from Legally Blonde!
- The iconic Royce Hall, Powell Libary, and Inverted Fountain, which were all full of focused students getting ready for midterms.
- The Janss Steps where Martin Luther King Jr spoke in 1965.
This is the second university field trip for the 2018-2019 school year. We look forward to continuing the exploration of university options to follow the successful completion of Oxnard College through our dual enrollment program.